Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 27

Day 27:
1 Timothy 4:11–16


11 Command and teach these things. 12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. 13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching. 14 Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders laid their hands on you. 15 Practice these things, immerse yourself in them,[c] so that all may see your progress. 16 Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.

As we near the end of this gratitude challenge, take a little quiz today to see where you’re growing and where you still need work.

Try answering these questions candidly—not just yes or no, but with supporting details that come to mind:

Do I often complain about my circumstances, feeling like I deserve better?
Do others hear me voice more complaints and negative comments than words of gratitude about the typical events of daily life?
Would others describe me as a thankful person?
What evidence is there that I have a grateful or an ungrateful spirit?
How often do I begin statements with these words: “I am so thankful that . . .”?
Do I more frequently display a pessimistic, negative outlook or a positive, grateful perspective?
Am I reserved or eager when it comes to expressing appreciation to others?
My most recent expression of gratitude was …

If you haven’t done so already, consider taking this gratitude challenge into an accountability setting, letting others help you stay true to your commitment, while being there to offer your support to them as well.


Look to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment