Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beth Moore Daniel Study - Week Two

Wow, what a week. I'll admit, it was hard to get myself in a groove at first. This study really makes you dig deep and it's not something you can do in 5-10 minutes. That's one of things I like about it. My life is always on warp speed so this really forces me to slow down.

Have you ever met a person who was super disciplined. When I was a fifth grade teacher there was a young lady on our team who was one of the most disciplined people I ever met. She was a former dancer and you could tell. Her posture was incredible and she was so meticulous about what she ate...to the point where she ate the exact amount of the exact same thing every day for lunch. Now don't get me wrong, I personally think that's kind of boring and wouldn't do that myself. But what impressed me was her RESOLVE to do whatever it took to maintain the standard she had set for herself.

Last week's lesson really hit me to the core. The statement that I couldn't get out of my mind was " We have an enemy who wants to return us to the places God has called us to leave." That's where I find myself today. I made decisions and changed habits but somewhere along the way my Babylonian way of thinking, my mind wasn't completed transformed. So little by little I have walked my way back into a place I promised to never be again.

Daniel had incredible resolve, but what I am reminded of as well, is that he was willing to be
C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-T every day. I really struggle with this. I will start down a path and do well for awhile but before I know it I almost back where I started.

So this week I'm asking myself, what daily decisions does God want me to make in order to renew my mind? my emotions? my spirit? And am I willing to make those decisions even when they don't receive the approval of those around me?

Session 2
In session 2: A Dream and a Kingdom, Beth discusses some of the parallels between ancient Babylon and the western culture that seeks to hold us captive.

From Imogene ~
pg 36 "Young Mom, God may have a senior adult for you at your church who could be one of the biggest blessings in life to you. Senior Adult, God might have a young single who could partner with you in prayer like no one else." Today in discussion, God really made it clear to look around and see who can be in our prayer networks. God designed the body to support and uplift one another. Let's let it! Reach out to a couple of your friends or family members and start a prayer list. We all need prayer!



Worship Video~

3 comments:

  1. I am so blown away. This is just fascinating! I didn't know what I was getting into when I started this study.

    The Lord repeatedly brings me back to studies of eschatology, and there are some battling voices in my life who seek to undo all that the Lord is teaching me and building upon. But the fact that I am studying it once again shows me that the Lord is serious and is fanning this flame. I am so passionate about this. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has done amazing things in my life in the last several weeks. What he is showing me, is that true JOY only comes by being in his presence and sitting at his table. We so often choose to sit at the world's table and feast on it's rotten but inviting bounty instead of eating from our GOD's table that he has prepared for us.
    The portion in the study about the dream has really impacted me. God has used dreams in the past to show me things about my life. I'm constantly amazed at his ways. Thank you all for your comments about last week.
    Carlyn, I did actually take the time to read your comment, and really appreciated your insight.
    Blessings y'all!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ladies, I agree! I'm amazed to be here and see how the timing in this particular study has come at such a perfect moment. I am such a different person when I am eating the right spiritual food. I am so thankful that God doesn't give up on me, that he pursues me through his word. He is drawing me close and it's such an encouragement.
    Charryse

    ReplyDelete