Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Beth Moore Daniel Study - Week One

Week One Introduction

We are sooo excited to start this study this week. Everyone take a moment and comment about yourself. List the basics and maybe one fun fact so we can all get to know each other better. Wednesday of each week Wednesday by 6:00pm if you could have all your week work done and also have watched the video, the discussions can begin. Imogene and I will be listing our favorite suitcase question, comment, or lion question for the week. We would love for everyone to comment on one of these or even something else that meant alot to you that week. At the end of each week we will have a worship video that you can watch anytime. This will be a great Christian song that we felt followed the topic. We are so excited to see the Lord reaching all of us right in our homes and we know that we are all in for some blessings!


Video 1
Daniel: Lives of Integrity, Words of Prophecy - Video Session 1 is one of twelve individual and downloadable sessions from the women's Bible study by Beth Moore. In session 1: Choices to Make, Beth discusses how surrounded by our own Babylon, modern believers face a choice. Will we influence or be influenced by it? Nothing is more dangerous than friendly captivity; it never remains friendly but turns on us every time. As Daniel drew the line and resolved not to partake of the king's rich foods, we must resolve to set our hearts on heavenly things lest we lose both integrity and identity. Be sure to watch the video before you begin your daily study.
Click Here to Purchase

Week One Suitcase Question from Imogene ~

I loved this week. I felt that is served as a great introduction to this book in the bible. Page 23 in the workbook is where this question can be found.
"Beloved, has the world ever tried to give you a bad name or a bad identity?"
My answer to this was yes. I come from a divorced family and I feel that the world viewed me as a "left one". Where is God identity was "one who needs me". After research and reading I found that any child who comes from a divorce has a moment of isolation at a very young age. Mine was twelve. I felt different. I have found that this feeling never went away until I was saved. It was a moment that I realized that this world is not going to make me happy, but God is. It took me a long journey to come to this moment, almost eight years.
"Are you still falling for it? If so how?" I feel that even though I know that people are going to disappoint me I still look for acceptance from others instead of my Savior. At these moments God whispers, "Do you see me?" That is why I ask myself who am I serving in this relationship? Myself or My Savior?
pg 25 "Life becomes so much simpler when there aren't so many costume changes."
Wow ~ This really hit home for me. There are so many friends and situations that I find my self conforming to instead of transforming from. I pray daily that I will look for God in this world and every situation that he has me in daily. I see my sinful nature and I pray that every day he will show me how to transform in his power to his will.

Worship Video~

13 comments:

  1. My name is Imogene Noe and I am going to be following along with you guys online and doing the study on Wednesdays at the church. I have two boys, James and Graham. I love Central Church of God and my fun fact is I love to coupon:) Can not wait to get to know more about all of you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! My name is Lori Clodfelter,
    I'm so excited to be starting this journey with you all. Much like Charysse said on Saturday, I've got a HAT for every occasion! I'm one of the ladies that watches the children for the Wed. Bible Study. Sooooo... this is perfect, because I have to have a baby fix each week so as to not have more! I'm a Mom of three VERY ACTIVE boys! And I work at the CCOG pre-school as the art teacher. I also have recently set up an in home art studio where I am able to throw pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Everyone! So glad we ar up in running. As a working mom, this is an answer to prayer for me. Plus, how cool to be able to do bible study in my pajamas...I'm living the high life. My husband and I have been in Charlotte for about 5 yrs and we live in the Matthews/Mint Hill area. We've been married for 12 years and have two crazy kids, Cierra (11) and RJ (9). They all keep me on my toes but I wouldn't change it for anything in this world. In my spare time (oh wait, I don't have any of that)...well some day when I GET spare time, I will read lots of books and travel. I can't wait to see Jesus some day because then I will get my glorified body and I can eat whatever I want. Ha! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! My name is Carlyn Lawson! I'm excited to be involved in a Bible Study with other ladies. I love to study the word and especially to take the journey with others. I really have enjoyed other Beth Moore studies and God has really used them to "grow me" closer to HIM in the past... I am a Mother of three, 2 sons, and a daughter: ages 11, 7 and 3. I also keep books for small businesses from home. I've heard great things about the Daniel Study, so I'm ready to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! My Name is Judith Kiser, I am excited for the opportunity to participate in this study with other women, eventhough I am already behind! I am a full-time wife, mother of a 2 yr old boy Cameron and have a second baby due in July, and I work full-time as a physical therapist. I too feel like my plate is very full, but am trying to make a real commitment to this study!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sisters! My name is Dacquin Curry, and I am a wife of a wonderful man of almost 16 years and mom to two precious boys. This is my very first Beth Moore study. I am super excited about how this Daniel study is going so far. It has challenged me already in respect to enjoying historical facts and relating them to today. The Lord uses her greatly through this style of teaching. I look forward to meeting you all (although I know most of you, smile) and sharing what the Lord has spoken to you through this study. Remain blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies!
    I'm Elizabeth Allen and I'm married to sweet Bradley Allen. I have 3 little boys (6, 4 and 5 months). I work from home as a graphic designer as little as possible and fill the rest of my time up pretty fast. I love "old lady" things like needle point, reading, baking and watching Jeopardy. But I'm trying to be active by training for this High Heels 5K our church is doing. I'm in Women of the Word and LOVE LOVE it. However I've always wanted to do a Beth Moore study, and after discovering what this is about I know I should be here. I think the historical stuff is fascinating, but the "coming out of Babylon" is going to hurt. I'm a comfort junky and I like the good life. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ladies.
    First let me say: Thank you Lord for using Aundrea to hunt me down and make sure I knew about the Young Mom's Coffee. It was there I learned about this on-line version of the Daniel Bible Study (and other great things going on). I am married (almost 8 years) and have three wonderful boys (4.5, 3 and 15 months) and work full time. I am one of those women who wishes I could participate in bible studies at church, but it's just not possible right now. I appreciate all of you who have noticed and made an effort to really reach out to those of us who want to be more connected with the faces we see at church on Sundays. I am very much looking forward not only to doing this Bible Study and what God will work in me, but in having this forum to see how God uses each of us to bring about His work in each other!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello all. I wanted to share a few thoughts of mine as we head into our second week. I couldn't help but to think about the end times and how it relates to Babylon, especially after the sermon on Sunday. So, it took me to Revelation chapter 18. I want to share this scripture because I think it ties together beautifully, with what we are studying with Beth Moore, but also what Pastor reminded and encouraged us about, on Sunday, which is to BE READY. Here is what Rev. 18: 2-4,7 says:

    2.And he cried mightily with a loud voice,
    saying, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and
    has become a dwelling place of demons, a
    prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!
    3."For all the nations have drunk of the wine
    of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and
    the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury."
    4.And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "come out of her, least you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.
    7.In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.
    8. ........"Strong is the Lord God who judges her."

    See the point to me is that we come out of "Babylon" now or we WILL come out of it later, because it won't be here The Lord will destroy it...vs. 11. says "and the merchans of the earth will weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise anymore"....Well, well, no more houses, clothes, fine foods ect. it is too much too type, (and you may be thinking too much to read) but I encourage you to go back and read Revelation chapters. 18 and 19. It is a good reminder of what the LORD thinks of this "world" system we have created where money and self come above all else aka "Babylon, and it is VERY clear what He thinks about it.

    Part of "being ready" is coming out of this world's system and realizing it is all going to be OVER before we know it. Not to fall for its "ploy" of the here and now. I want to join the saints in saying in Rev. chapter 19:7 "Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I am Julianne McElroy. I am just joining in this week! I have been married to John almost 18 years and have 3 kids; 11, 7, and 4 with #4 coming in May. We homeschool and love it! We have been at Central 13 years and are very thankful for our church family. I am looking forward to connecting with you through studying God's Word because I so enjoy it and seeing your faces at church and in the preschool at the front desk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carlyn,
    Thank you for that!! I love your point that if we don't come out of Babylon voluntarily, we will be forced out with weeping. I've never seen that before. I missed the sermon on Sunday and need to go back and hear that.

    Let us make ourselves ready!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let's all be praying for each other to STAND FIRM because studying this with such determination does not come without warfare. I've seen some nasty tactics from the enemy in the past week.

    The thing that I've committed to give up is going to ruffle some feathers with some "Babylonians" I know and I'm already trying to gear up for that. Probably the same for you guys, too. STAND FIRM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I have ruffled the feathers of some Babylonians and already seen some attacks come my way. I will definitely be in prayer asking God to help us all STAND FIRM!

    ReplyDelete