Thursday, March 10, 2011

Daniel ~ Week 5


Does anyone have any comments and/or questions in response to any of the material we have completed so far? Please do not hesitate to share comments and prayer requests throughout the week. We will all enjoy and benefit from hearing what you've been learning, and it's truly our privilege to lift one another up in prayer.

As you will recall, the theme of the video lesson 4 was succinctly stated in Daniel 4:37, "...and those who walk in pride He is able to put down". On Day One of our homework, Beth noted, "We can become as proud of our self-discipline, sacrificial giving, and self-denial as of our worldly successes and goods."

Offer an example of a sly way the enemy can tempt a "spiritual" believer to pride.

In session 5, Beth discusses that vesses can be consecrated or set aside as holy for God's use. We, too, are holy vessels in the house of the Lord (2 Timothy 2:20-21). Satan has no greater agenda than attempting to desecrate what God consecrates, but God does not overlook Satan's mistreatment of holy vessels. Thankfully, vessels that have been treated as unholy can be treated as holy again. Click here to purchase and download this week's video.
http://www.lifeway.com/product/005035485/


From Imogene~
pg. 98 "If you don't see yourself holy, are you able to see others in the body of Christ as holy? suitcase questions ~ Why do you more readily see them as holy?"
This really hit home for me because earlier in this study I talked about the power of prayer and having sisters for prayer partners to create the community he desires for us. If I look at the names listed I see some overlapping here. I see how these ladies reach out to me and I also see how God uses them to love me in times of need. Sometimes we do not see the good in ourselves as we see it in others. This worship song talks about this and I thought it was perfect for this week.

Worship Video ~


pg. 101
"If we cooperate, He'll turn every single one of our failures into something useful for his kingdom."
One of my mentors once spurred me with this and asked me if I was willing to self sacrifice for Him? Was I willing to discuss my failures for others to see the love of Christ in my life. This is a hard one, of course I want to say "YES", but at the same time this means dying to self for his glory daily. This is hard.

Please read Daniel 5:17 again. WOW! This is who I want to be. I desire to be the servant that does not want payment from this world but only my Savior. This can be an inspiration to us all through this journey of life. We can not serve two masters and where our treasures are, so is our heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment