Monday, February 27, 2012

Chapter 9 and 10

Chapter Nine

Question ~ We have to accept the diagnosis if we're ever going to experience the cure. I believe Martha did just that. Read Luke 10:38-42. Now read John 11:17-28. What differences do you see in Martha in these two stories?
Imogene~ Submission to his will in her life. She accepts his plan and power for her life. This is the desire of my heart. I want to accept his will for my life and rely on his power and not my own.
Question ~ God is willing to forgive and change us~even at our worst. Rewrite your cry for transformation in your own words. The read it aloud to the Lord.
Imogene ~ Dear Lord, Please take the worries of my world and let me use this energy to focus on you and your love that you have for me. I pray that I will see your power and glory in everything and every situation. I pray that my heart will be still while you calm the storms of my life and that I will find true rest in your spirit.

Chapter Ten

Question ~ Mary loved extravagantly because she had experienced firsthand the extravagant love of God. How can we do this on a daily basis as a mom?
Imogene~ I look at my daily life and I think of what I could give up for God in order to be closer to him. At the beginning of the year I decided that I spent a lot of time in Target shopping. When I had a free moment I would run across the street and shop. This is something that I am willing to give up and spend that time in the word or blogging the books that I am reading for an online study. Honestly I would be there right now! I love this time in this book and the word and reflecting on what I got from this book and what application I am going to have daily to have a Mary's heart in this Martha world.
Question ~ What spoke to you most in this chapter?
Imogene ~ Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." I have to remind myself of this treasure each time I have a moment of distraction. I have to ask myself, "Am I going to serve this world or him?" Am I upset because of a worldly treasure that may have been lost? I need to see that God prunes me of the treasures of this world so I can focus more on him and his treasures that he has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment