Monday, February 20, 2012

Chapters Seven and Eight

Chapter Seven

Question~ Read the "hoppy birthday" story. Name the Hula-Hoop responsibilities you have in your life. Which one is the most difficult to keep in motion?
Imogene ~ I feel that my relationship with God is the most hard. With my husband, children, and friends they are right in front of me all day. It is up to me to make time for a quiet time and rely on him through my entire day. I wish there was more I could do for him. Sometimes it is so hard to keep him #1.
Question ~ What spoke to you most in this chapter?
Imogene ~ "I have to let him in before we can enjoy our Living Room time together". Wow! He is always there waiting for me! I want to see all that he has for me in this life and be more in the mind frame of looking for his treasure and not the earth's.

Chapter Eight

Question ~ What is your favorite kind of story and why?'
Imogene~ Romance, I feel that it is a total escape from reality. My prayer group's circle leader made me realize that not only was I using these novels as an escape, but also creating unrealistic expectations on my marriage. Wow! That really made me start thinking about the books I was reading.
Question ~ How would your life be different if you could receive these words as a truth and not only truth but as evidence of God's love in your life? What spoke to you most in this chapter?
Imogene~ "If you are struggling to trust God, it may be because you don't really know God." This hit home. I am trying to read the bible through this year and the more I get into this book of treasures the more I learn about God. I see that he is to be feared and that he will go to the ends of the earth for me. I am chosen and he will protect me!

No comments:

Post a Comment