Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 1

Day 1:
Colossians 3:12–17

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.




I’ve often said that “gratitude is learning to recognize and express appreciation for the benefits we have received from God and from others.”

This means constantly being on the lookout for blessings, making each day a treasure hunt. It means being intentional about thanking God and others for the blessings that come our way.

Overall, how would you rate your “Gratitude Quotient”?



❑ I look at the world through grateful eyes and consistently express my gratitude to God and others.


❑ I know I ’ ve been greatly blessed, but I don ’ t often stop to actually express my gratitude to God and others.


❑ To be honest, I had not thought a lot about gratitude until starting this challenge. I ’ ve got a long way to go to develop a lifestyle of gratitude.


❑ I ’ m a whiner! I tend to focus on my problems and I frequently express them to others.



Ask the Lord to cultivate in you a more grateful heart over these next thirty days. If you have realized that your “Gratitude Quotient” is not what it should be, confess your ungrateful spirit to the Lord. Ask Him to forgive you and to transform you into a truly thankful person.




Imogene ~

I'm a whiner! I tend to focus on my problems and I frequently express them to others.



I have the hardest time keeping my mouth shut! I feel that this goes hand in hand with gossiping about my relationships. My problems usually involve someone who is very close to me and dear to my heart. Sometimes after I finish explaining the situation to someone else I hate the advice they give me. When I know that God knows my heart and I need to trust in him.



Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Sometimes I have a hard time trusting the Lord with my own situation, because I can not let him control it.

Where are you in this current situation in your life? Are you trying to drive or are you trying to help God drive? Or are you simply going to sleep in the back seat? Why don't you relax and let your Father drive. You'll wake up refreshed and you'll wake up right where you are supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment