Saturday, February 6, 2016

Parenting The Whole Hearted Child - Chapter 8 and 9

Chapter 8 -
This really hit home for me today.  I love our church and we are so blessed my good teachings and also wonderful children's ministries.  Through my journey as a parent I have found that there is no real reason to recreate wheels.  So I love to join the church in their missions and this allows for my children to see the community effect on a much larger scale.   A couple ideas is participating in a food bank.  One afternoon I was at the end of my rope.  I remember that our church was doing a food drive.  So I popped them all in the car and we went to the dollar store.  Our church was also doing shoe boxes.  We cleared a total of $40 for food and toys.  The next Sunday we dropped of supplies and the following week this was posted on instagram.  We also have the availability to tour the food bank.  I added to the shoe box project by having us all watch the video from the Samaritan's Purse website.  I felt God helped me up in a time of need by serving others with my children instead of screaming at them.


Chapter 9 -
This really is an extension to Chapter 8-
I need to bring more of a Christ focus to Christmas.  I  loved the idea of the birthday cake for Jesus and also the nativity scavenger hunt.  We have been blessed to be able to sponsor a child for $20 a month and the rewards have been ten fold.


No comments:

Post a Comment