Monday, December 27, 2010

Week 1 ~ Transformed by Titus 2



pg. 18 ~ "Why isn't this satisfying? Why do I feel so overwhelmed" Boy did this stick out to me! In the daily race of life in the shoes of this mom, I do feel so overwhelmed with tasks to be the best that I can be. A couple of years ago I was in a prayer circle and I said, "How can Jesus feed thousands and I can barely feed 3 people." This was the moment that I realized that I needed help from a mentor with little things as well as big. I was a new mom of two and I had not been meal planning. This was something that has helped bring peace to my home at the meal time of each day.

Titus 2:3-5
"Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanders or slaves to wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Ok - so I can use some of all this. So I urge you all to look for an older believer in your lives to see if you can meet them for coffee. This does not have to be a formal planned thing, some of the women I have asked for coffee have no idea why. But in the end the Lord will bless you because you are following his instructions for yourself and this older woman. Start praying today for God to put someone in your path.

pg 28 ~ "Consider the loveliness of a woman who passionately adores her husband, who tenderly cherishes her children, who creates a warm and peaceful home, who exemplifies purity, self control, and kindness in her character and who gladly submits to her husband's leadership-for all the days God grants her life. I dare say there are few things that display the gospel jewel with greater elegance. This is true feminine appeal."

Application Question~ "Who are unbelievers (friends, neighbors, family) watching your life? How do you think you can make the gospel attractive by modeling these virtues?

No comments:

Post a Comment