Monday, December 27, 2010

Week 3 ~ The Blessings of Loving My Children



pg 52
"No job on earth takes more physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual strength than being a good wife and mother."

After spending 10 years in the corporate world and working 10 hour days, I realized that nothing compares to caring so much about two little boys that everything matters. No matter if it is what they are eating, how they are playing with others, or how long they sleep at nap. It all means so much and it takes an emotional toll on a mom. This is why I know I need to look to God to help me get through my days and I am only going to be happy when I know that I am pleasing him in all these tiny activities and serving him. What a treasure that he trusts me so much with two of his children.

pg 54
"Now if Jesus needed to withdraw frequently and pray in order to receive His Father's help and strength, do we suppose we need such times any less? So if you are weary, or if your joy and vision for motherhood is waning, take some time this week to be alone with God."
Find something you can do by yourself and focus on what God has for you. I love to run so once a week I do a prayer run and just talk to God the whole time and at the end I am always shocked at what I learned in 30 minutes of quiet time with him!

Psalm 127 "Behold, children are heritage from the Lord, fruit of the womb a reward."
pg 36
"I had been viewing this baby as "a forty hour work week". But God wanted me to think of him as a reward."
2 Cor. 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness"

How important for us to memorize this verse and when we experience a moment of weakness to know that his power can be made perfect in this moment of weakness. What a new way of life knowing that this journey of motherhood was not meant to be done alone!

Comment Question
When was the last time you took extended time by yourself to meet with God and receive refreshment through prayer and His Word? Can we all give some fun ideas of how to create time in our week to do this. Is there a friend or family member that could help you get this?

No comments:

Post a Comment