Monday, December 27, 2010

Week 7~ The Reward of Kindness


He can heal us of Anger, Bitterness, and Judging in our lives.

pg 119
"Kindness" he says, "is the sincere desire for the happiness of others," and "goodness is the activity calculated to advance that happiness"

pg 120
"So let's cease straining in our own power and turn to our Helper. Let's ask him for the strength and ability to demonstrate kindness and goodness. Our vigorous effort is still required, but it is only effective in cooperation with the Holy Spirit."

This is just one more reminder to me that I need to have a quiet time everyday and release any daily struggles I have to my Helper. When looking back I am at my best when I am in the word daily and striving for the goodness to create the happiness that he has for me and my family.

Ephesians 4:31-32 "Let all bitterness .... be put away from you... Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you"

pg 128
"goodness begins at home.... Our husbands and children should be the primary beneficiaries of our good works."

We should also focus on our husband and children in our prayer life. When I do this I find that it helps with my focus to come off of activities and situations and more on them as people that God has trusted me to take care of.

pg 133
"..if you devote your life to your family's happiness, the rewards will far exceed the sacrifices."

God gives us the strength to do the job he has before us. He is watching and does care about all the tiny details. I praise him for calling me his and loving me this much!

Comment Question
Are you currently experiencing weariness of doing good for your family? How do the promised rewards provide fresh incentive to pursue your husband's and children's happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment