Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Beth Moore ~ Daniel Week 10

pg. 203
"Fear God and nothing else. You will experience things other people only read about." Through this study I have found God really trimming my trunk back down to the stump. I am seeing that in order to see God work in my life I need to stop focusing on my work in my life. I have often heard that once we come to the end of ourselves is when God picks us up. It is humbling to think that I need to get rid of all the earthly things that I have placed so much value in to see what God has for me in my life here.

top of page 204
This quote from CS about pride is so right on! I never thought of this, but when I do I realize that the root of the sin in my life is my pride. This for sure can block what God is trying to do in my life, because I am so focused on myself and what he is doing through me.

Here is the worship Video for this week and address Pride ~


page 210
I really have to rest my faith on what he has planned for my life. This week I found out a dear friend of mine that is a believer, is dying from cancer. She has a 4 and a 6 year old and is my age. It really makes me focus on what is really important in my life. God, Chris, then family. He will guard my heart and the plans that he has for my life, but this was a real wake up call that our days are numbered and we have to live for his kingdom and not Satan's. There is no gray area, you are serving one or the other. That is a hard question to ask when we are in the gray areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment