Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Beth Moore ~ Daniel Week 9

Link to purchase video ~
http://www.lifeway.com/product/005035489/

pg 181
She speaks on dual referencing the scripture. This has been a great help to me to listen closely to these stories in the bible and see the applications that God has for me. She is right we are so blessed to have the Bible to give us step by step instructions in how we need to live our lives. But why is it I only pick it up in times of trouble or while I am doing a Bible study?

pg.187
"Stay in the word so you can recognize His voice, then listen closely to what he is saying deep within you."

Being a stay at home mom with two boys sometimes it is hard to focus on self. I think that this has been a great week for me to realize that he does want me to focus on myself and what he is doing deep within me. This week when she focused deeply on prayer I had to ask myself, "How have I been praying for myself?" My focus is on people and circumstance and not to spirit within me. I love these studies on characters in the bible and I see how God uses them in a small way for his bigger purpose. This is my prayer for my life today. I want God to use me even if it is in a small way for his big purpose. I kept hearing about Psalm 131 ministry so I took a minute to look them up one day.

http://www.proverbs31.org/everydaylife/marriage.php

The link above is the everyday section where you can select a topic such as marriage or parenting. These are two areas that I would like to focus more on in my life. I would like to create a weekly prayer list for these areas. I need help. On the right hand side of all the topics there are resources to help you. In books past that I have read they point you right to the scripture on these topics. I also find it helpful to find someone else to do these along side me to help my accountability to get them done. I hope to move forward in this way for much longer.

Worship Video ~

No comments:

Post a Comment