Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Beth Moore ~ Daniel Week 8

In session 8: Foreshadowing the Little Horn, Beth shows how the prophecy in Daniel chapter 8 includes both what is now past history and Israel's future experiences under Antichrist. The passage points to an Antichrist who will become very strong but not by his own power, take his stand against the Prince of princes, and will be destroyed, but not by human power (Daniel 8:23-25) Click here to purchase and download the session video for week 8: http://www.lifeway.com/product/005035488/ pg. 168 "Remember, we are viewing Daniel 8 as God's way of telling us about the former to help us better picture the latter. In session 8, we referred to this teaching method as "dual referencing". This statement really sparked a question to myself, "Dual referencing is how we read the bible and apply God's words to our lives, right?" Beth Moore did a great job of showing us how this application of the bible applies to the new and the old testament. Then I start to realize that this is how I mentally apply God's directions for my life in my daily activities. When I face trials I need to reference the bible to see the applications that he has for me in his word. This week also helped me see that what his will is in the end times. How we are suppose to encourage one another and lift each other up in trials. This really hit home for me and that I need to increase my commitment to prayer for my sisters. Music Video for worship~ Life is Sweeter ~ on the other side. I thought this was a good one since our study is showing us what is going to happen in the end:)

No comments:

Post a Comment