Monday, January 10, 2011

Introduction to Online Study- Daniel by Beth Moore

Getting Started is Easy!!!!!

Step 1- Purchase the Book
Step 2- Between Feb. 7-13th, stop by this page and introduce yourself to the group
Step 3- Stop in once a week for the link to the session video
Step 4 - Join the discussion, get involved, answer questions and share what God is speaking to you as you study the word.

If you would like daily encouragement and accountability, email charrysej@ymail.com






Books may be purchased through Women's Ministry @ Central Church ($16) or Amazon.com($21)

If your schedule and/or circumstances prevent you from being able to physically attend a group Bible study, this Beth Moore Online Bible Study IS JUST FOR YOU.

We live in a day and age where technology is every where we turn and right at our fingertips. I can't think of a better way to put it to good use then as a tool to guide us through the word of God. I believe that God brought each one of us to this study purposely. It is no accident that you are here, that I am here. I know that personally, as a working mother, I have longed for a way to get connected to other moms on a deeper level. Meeting for coffee here and there is awesome, but I want to continue to grow into the image of Christ I am called to be both in and out of my home. There's so much yet to learn!

Studying the Bible in an online setting will be no easy feat. However, everything I really value has come with some kind of cost and this is definitely worth the price. For the same $4-5 I would take to by myself a drink from Starbucks or purchase something silly because it's on sale, I can now purchase material that will feed my spirit. We have our work cut out for us (smile). We cannot see each other face to face, so we lose some sense of accountability. We also lose the ability to encourage one another verbally. There is something about the spoken voice of a friend that is , at times, lost through the written word. But each of these things can be overcome! It is my prayer that God would use even these drawbacks for our good (Romans 8:28). For instance, maybe we will allow ourselves to be more vulnerable to a group that cannot see our eyes fill with tears as we share our hearts. Perhaps we will feel more secure typing our thoughts instead of speaking them out in a large group. I believe God can do AMAZING things in all circumstances, including this one.

The Lord is going to meet us through this computer and through each other!

Welcome to the journey!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you got this idea up n runnin'!!!! Great job. Looks great. Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this where the group will discuss the study?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Week One is where all the comments are starting! It is the post that follows this one in the Daniel study xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete