Friday, January 7, 2011

Radical Chapter Eight


"But in the end, Jesus said, following him leads to radical reward that this world can never offer. This begs a question from each of us: do we believe the reward is found in Jesus is worth the risk of following him?"

"The language of Matthew 10 envisions Jesus as a military commander sending soldiers out on a mission. He summoned his disciples, and then he sent them out. In light of the needs before them and the danger around them, the disciples knew they were entering into a battle."

"Three times he told them, "Do not be afraid." 11

"Too long we have been waiting for one another to begin!"
"And when we come to this position the battle is already won, and the end of the glorious campaign is in sight. We will have the real Holiness of God, not the sickly stuff of talk and dainty words and pretty thoughts: we will have a Masculine Holiness, one of daring faith and works for Jesus Christ."

I want to push myself to do things that I would not normally do so I can step out in faith and see what God has for me. I have a girlfriend that I call each time the Lord gives me an idea of how to increase the kingdom. This way there is someone there to hold me accountable to not allow the business of my life to dim this light that I am looking at.


Comment Question~
"..do we believe the reward is found in Jesus is worth the risk of following him?"

No comments:

Post a Comment