Friday, January 7, 2011

Radical Chapter Three


"So the challenge for us is to live in such a way that we are radically dependent on and desperate for the power that only God can provide."

"While the American dream is to make much of us, the goal of the gospel is to make much of God."

"This is how God works. He puts his people in the positions where they are desperate for his power, and then he shows his provision in the ways that display his greatness."

I have to stop and look for him in all that I am doing and realize that he has the divine purpose. It is in times of weakness that I see him the most in my life. My struggles have come because he draws me closer to him. When I am comfortable, why am I not looking for him in every step I am taking and pushing myself to serve him and not myself and my family.

"We can so easily deceive ourselves, mistaking the presence of physical bodies in a crowd for the existence of spiritual life in a community."

Comment Question from resource section on website ~
Christ did not command us to “do” a list of things for Him or for God. Rather, He told us simply to “abide in Him,” which means to remain in Christ. What does that look like in the life of a Christ-follower?

No comments:

Post a Comment