Friday, January 7, 2011

Radical Chapter Five


"Jesus reminds me that disciples are not mass-produced. Disciples of Jesus-genuine, committed, self-sacrificing followers of Christ-are not made overnight."

"This is foundational in making disciples, and we will multiply the gospel only when we allow others to get close enough to us to see Christ in action."

Last fall when I was with my mentor group, I confessed that I did tend to build up walls in my life. I did this through activities in my life. I was so busy really doing nothing. So I prayed for God to take these things away and prayed for ways to glorify him in all I do. The result was allowing others to get closer to me one on one and help me grow to see what the Lord is doing compared to what I was doing!

Resource Comment
Learn what "disciple-making" means as Matthew 4:13 becomes the launching point. Jesus taught the disciples to share the Word, show the Word, teach the Word and serve the World. Two simple words, but a lifetime of modeling the Person of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment