Friday, January 7, 2011

Radical Chapter Two


"God has to open our eyes, set us free, overcome our evil, and appease his wrath. He has to come to us. Now we are getting to the beauty of the gospel."

Message from resource link on website ~
What is the Gospel? Answering this one question is indispensible to knowing what it means to be a follower of Christ. The Gospel has ramifications for each of our lives for all eternity, yet many professing Christians have less and less of a grasp on what the Gospel really is. Based on the words of Christ, could it be possible that scores of people involved in church are not actually followers of Christ? How do we know when we have truly trusted in the Gospel for salvation, and how do we avoid deceiving ourselves when it comes to life’s most important
question?"

I feel that I am very comfortable in the body right where he has me. I trust that he will show me the way of where he wants me to go next in this journey. My real question to myself is if I am going to trust him in his plan for me. It is hard being in this world to see that there is a much bigger picture than my daily activities. I need to trust him in these small things so my focus can be on his bigger mission for me.

Jeremiah 12:5 NIV "If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses"

I love this verse with this chapter personally because he is telling me that he designed me to race with horses and trust him with the details and he will help up reach a higher ground that he has designed for us all.

1 comment:

  1. Imogene's response resonated with me after meeting up with her for a quick work out last week. We had a discussion on how to balance living a "radical" life verses taking care of all the daily routines of a mom/wife. I am at the point in my walk with the Lord that I feel I need to serve Him by serving others (not only at home, which is my first responsibility) but in so many other areas of my life. As I am earnestly seeking Him, I am finding that He is showing me His will for my life. I was asking Imogene if she at times feels overwhelmed and she referred back to the verse sated above in Jeremiah. I found that her response is so true. The Lord has designed us to race with the horses. If He has called me in a certain area to serve, He will allow me to keep up. I find that when I fill my schedule on my own accord, I have a hard time staying afloat. Serving in the areas that the Lord has planned for me fills me with a joy and peace that keeps me going and eager for more. I think this is one of the ways the Lord has designed us to worship.

    ReplyDelete