Friday, January 7, 2011

Radical Chapter Four



"Meanwhile, Jesus commands us to go. He has created each of us to take the gospel to the ends of the earth, and I propose that anything less than radical devotion to this purpose is unbiblical Christianity."

While I am a stay at home mom of two, I have to look at this plan as a long term one. I know that I will go on a mission trip away from home when my boys are older. But this is where we have to stop and trust. We need to see that the ends of the earth could be right across the street or at the grocery store I go to weekly. There is no excuse not to share his love with others. Is there something small I can do that he can use greatly? Can I get to know the check out ladies at the grocery store and get to know them all by name? Can I get to know the ladies that work at the gym? Can I start a conversation on the treadmill? If I worked could I start sharing his love in the workplace? He wants to use us RIGHT NOW!


"When I consider the house that I will live in, the car that I will drive, the clothes according to what is best for me. This is the version of Christianity that largely prevails in our culture."


"We are not the end of the gospel, God is."

"Were we created for something much greater than this?"

"..only to realize that success in the kingdom of God involves moving down, not up"

"What are you going to do with what I have given you? How are you going to use your influence, your leadership, and your resources in the world around you."

Resource Comment Question~
"A personal commitment to the local body of believers, the church, is consistently revealed throughout the New Testament. Defining the Church as the people for whom Christ died and the people that are created by the salvation which Christ brings"

No comments:

Post a Comment