Friday, January 7, 2011

Radical Chapter Six


"Do not be afraid little flock for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom" 24

"But then I realize that there is never going to come a day when I stand before God and he looks at me and says, "I wish you would have kept more for yourself." I'm confident that God will take care of me."

"He is saying that wealth can be a dangerous obstacle."

"to do good, to be rich in deeds, and to be generous and willing to share."

God knows our heart and he will provide for his plan in our lives.

"I don't want to be the rich young man. And I do not want to ignore the fact that the lure toward becoming him is always stronger than I would like to admit."

When growing up I had nothing, so once I graduated from college it was my goal to never have this financial burden again. I put everything I had into a career and now look at me as a stay at home mom! Making nothing. It was a hard transition from looking to money for my praise to looking to him. This journey was one that brought me to my knees in the middle of the night. Brought me closer to him and my husband than I ever thought possible. I look at pictures of me and my sister when we had nothing and I see more happiness there than in all my years of financially having everything.

"I do not want to miss eternal treasure because I settle for earthly trinkets. "Where your treasure is," Jesus says, "there your heart will be also."

I struggle with this everyday for I yearn for acceptance from my friends and family. I want to change this to make Christ the focus of my acceptance and not this world and other people.

Comment Verse
John 14
Jesus Comforts His Disciples
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
Jesus the Way to the Father
5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment