Friday, January 7, 2011

Introduction to Radical Book Review

Radical | A book by David Platt

When God sat me down on the beach and had a leader from Campus Crusade for Christ tell me how much he loved me and that he wanted to take the burdens of my life, was my first RADICAL moment in this journey of my salvation. I was on fire! I went back to school did the best I could to separate myself from my sinful activities and could not stop talking about the Lord. I went on missions trips, witnessed everywhere I went, and sat at the feet of the Lord. I ask myself, "What happened over the past 14 years?" The answer is MYSELF.

Blogging these online studies has been such a blessing to my life. I have highlighted certain passages from the book and they will be in quotations. I have paired each chapter with a worship song that I felt applied to this book. At the end of each chapter blog post you will find a comment question or verse that I have pulled from the books website. All of these resources can be found on the internet. There is a community of over 8,000 members on the facebook page that are taking this journey. We are looking for you all to comment on each chapter and let us all know how the Lord is speaking to you. This is the only way that this online community of believers can encourage each other through this site and help us all apply to our daily lives. I pray that you enjoy this book as much as I have!

www.radicalthebook.com

Make sure to click on the chapter you are doing on this blog so you can see all the comments!

Serving Him,
Imogene

No comments:

Post a Comment